Ramadan is a very special time in Qatar. It''s the holiest month in Islamic calendar; a time of compassion, kindness, friendship and hospitality within the community. The city streets, hotels and shopping malls sparkles with distinctive Ramadan decorations, stars-and-crescent symbols and flickering traditional lanterns. On the 14th day of Ramadan, the country celebrates the Garangao tradition, with specially organised activities for children that highlight the rich cultural and religious heritage of Qatar.
The “Flavours of Ramadan” tour is a chance for you to live the spirit of Ramadan and experience it with the locals. Enjoy a sumptuous Iftar or Suhoor buffet along with live entertainment at Al Baraha Restaurant, located in the 5-star Al Najada Hotel, right in the heart of Souq Waqif. Try regional and international culinary delights as well as typical Ramadan delicacies such as dates and Jallab.
With your private chauffeur driven vehicle for up to 4 hours, you can also add a quick drive along the Corniche, Doha’s iconic waterfront and a photostop at the Dhow Harbour if time permits.
Seasonal operation for the month of Ramadan
Departures from Hamad International Airport
Evening Tours: 17:00 (includes Iftar buffet meal from sunset to 20:00)
Night Tours: 20:00 | 21:00 (includes Suhoor buffet meal from 21:30 to 01:00)
Duration: up to 4 hours
What to Expect
- Pick-up and drop-off at Hamad International Airport.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned standard vehicle.
- Vehicle type:
- Toyota Camry or similar (for up to 3 customers)
- Nissan Urvan or similar (for up to 10 customers)
- Arabic and international buffet meal at Al Baraha Restaurant in Al Najada Hotel, Souq Waqif.
- Evening Tour includes Iftar buffet meal (from sunset to 20:00)
- Night Tour includes Suhoor buffet meal (from 21:30 to 01:00)
- Bottled drinking water.
- Entrance fees where applicable are to be paid by the customer directly at the venue.
- English-speaking chauffeur.
• Departure from Hamad International Airport: passengers can select a suitable starting time from up to 2 hours after flight arrival.
• Return to Hamad International Airport: within 4 hours after departure and 2 hours prior to flight departure.
• Minimum Transit Time: 8 hours (between arrival and departure flight schedule).
• Immigration Clearance: pre-approved visa or visa on arrival (80 countries can now take advantage from visa-free entry, click here for more information.
- Passengers who have booked in advance should approach Discover Qatar Transit Tours desk (located at concourse A, towards Gate A4) no later than 60 minutes prior to scheduled tour departure for service validation. Late arrivals to Discover Qatar Transit Tours desk shall be considered as no-show.
- Please take time to read the Terms and Conditions that are applicable to all Transit Tours before booking.
*Per person price mentioned is based on minimum of 4 passengers for night tour which includes Suhoor buffet