Mosques fulfil an important role in Muslim society and are a symbol of faith, education and community. Join us on and introduction to Islam visiting three of Qatar's most notable mosques; The State Grand Mosque, Katara Mosque and Education City Mosque.
Experience the State Grand Mosque, an imposing building with numerous domes designed with a blend of both traditional Arabic and modern architecture, including sparkling half-moons, a minaret and large open outdoor spaces. Katara Mosque may not be as large as the State Grand Mosque, but its colourful and elaborately detailed external patterned tilework are exquisite. Education City Mosque is perhaps the most contemporary in its architecture and the only Islamic building to be shortlisted, for the overall World Building of the Year in 2015. The mosque features two twin ribbons that rise skywards, pointing toward Makkah, creating a distinctive landmark of the city’s skyline.
Morning Tour: 09:00 - 12:00
Frequency: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
Duration: 3 hours
What to Expect
• Collection (pick-up and drop-off) at major hotels within Doha city limits.
• Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
• Visit three mosques - The Grand State Mosque, Katara Mosque and Education City Mosque (entrance into mosques is subject to prayer timing).
• Customers joining the tour are required to dress modestly when visiting Islamic religious sites (shoulders and knees must be covered).
• Customers may also be provided with specific clothing to wear during their tour.
• Customers will be required to remove their shoes prior to entry to a mosque.
• All guides are licensed and English-speaking.
This is a shared tour operated with minimum of two customers. A single supplement applies in case of one customer booking.